Inaugural Diaper Drive a Success
The Guelph Storm would like to thank fans for their generosity at the game on Friday, January 27 against the Oshawa Generals. It was the Storm’s inaugural Diaper Drive in support of Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis. For the drive, fans were asked to donate infant related items to help support mothers in need.
Friday night proved to be a major success, with the following items being donated:
- 52 packs of diapers
- 31 packs of wipes
- Two (2) bottles of baby powder
- Two (2) baby bottles
- Two (2) bottles of diaper rash cream
- Baby oil, wash, lotion and a tub of Vaseline
Additionally, the Chuck-a-Puck contest raised $815.00, which was also donated to Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis.
“We are part of an amazing community that encourages kindness and giving,” Sly Castaldi, the Executive Director of the Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis offered. “We are grateful to the Guelph Storm for their support and their successful Diaper Drive. I think their moms would be really proud of these young men.”
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis is a feminist community-based organization providing services to women and their children on woman abuse and sexual violence. For more information, to volunteer or donate please visit, www.gwwomenincrisis.org or call (519) 836-1110.
- Friday, February 3: CMHA Night. Join the Guelph Storm and the Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Branch for our annual Talk Today game, raising awareness about the importance of Mental Health. For more information, click here!
- Tuesday, February 21: Served by the Storm is back! Just us as the Storm players trade in their sticks for plates as they act as servers throughout the night to meet and greet fans at Bobby O’Brien’s and Opus in downtown Guelph, in support of the Adopt-A-School program. For more information and to purchase your ticket, click here!
The 2016-17 Season is proudly presented by RBC