Over 2,000 teddy bears hit the Sleeman Centre at this year’s teddy bear toss
The Guelph Storm would like to thank all fans who generously donated to our many initiatives during the holiday season.
On Sunday, December 11, Brent Johnson of Wellington Motors, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Fiat and the Guelph Storm hosted their annual Teddy Bear Toss Game! Fans were encouraged to bring plush toys and throw them on the ice following the first Storm goal.
This year’s teddy bear goal was scored by rookie defenceman Ryan Merkley at the halfway point of the opening frame. Merkley’s goal brought on a storm of over 2,000 stuffed animals onto the ice!
— Guelph Storm (@Storm_City) December 11, 2016
These plush toys were distributed to 12 local charities including:
- Alzheimer Society of Waterloo-Wellington
- Canadian Mental Healthy Association – Children’s Program
- Michael House
- Onward Willow Neighborhood / Shelldale Better Beginnings
- Out of Poverty Society / 40 Baker Street
- Public Health – Prenatal Nutrition Program / Pregnancy to Parenting
- Salvation Army
- Joseph’s Health Centre
- The Children’s Foundation – Adopt-A-Family Program
- Norfolk Manor
- Grange Hill East Neighborhood Group
- North End Harvest Market – Non-Custodial Parent/Grandparent Program
We cannot thank you enough for your giving spirit.
Happy Holidays from the Storm.
The 2016-17 Season is proudly presented by RBC.