Rules of Order
- The U-18 Priority Selection is a two round process save and except for the allowance for an additional selection by a team in the 3rd round if a goaltender is selected by a team in one of the first two rounds.
- Should a goaltender be selected, the OHL team has an option to select another player (skater only). There will be an additional round added to the U-18 Priority Selection to facilitate the drafting of the additional skater utilizing the same selection order and process.
- Players eligible to be selected are those Midget players not currently on a CHL Member team Protected list who were carded with a Midget/Under-18 AAA hockey club within the OHF, HNO or HEO during the 2019-20 playing season.
- Order of Selection is determined by inverse order of finish at the 61-game mark of the 2019-20 regular season with “non-playoff” teams initially seeded.
- OHL Member Teams may utilize a maximum of 5 minutes to select player
- Each team may utilize one timeout for a maximum of 2 minutes
Priority Selection Process
- All League personnel and all team staff and their respective scouts will be facilitating the U-18 Priority Selection remotely in accordance with Government health and safety guidelines.
- Teams will make their selection by way of the Internet through a specially designed Interactive Draft Day Screen. The League will approve selection through the Internet. The names of the players selected will be announced by the League through on-line streaming and displayed on the League web site throughout the Priority Selection.