(GUELPH) Guelph Storm General Manager and Head Coach, George Burnett has announced that the Storm have acquired forward Domenico Commisso from the Oshawa Generals in exchange for a 2nd round pick in 2023, a 2nd in 2024 (WSR) and a 5th round selection in 2021 (KGN).
Commisso, a six foot two, 182-pound overager from Oakville, Ontario, was the Generals’ fifth round pick (96th Overall) in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection.
“Dom has been a very effective and reliable player throughout his time in Oshawa,” Burnett said. “To be able to add a strong and motivated player to our group early in the season will prove to be beneficial.”
Playing parts of five seasons in Oshawa, Commisso appeared in 201 regular-season games recording 61 goals and 107 assists for 168 points, adding 16 points in 21 playoff games. Last year he recorded 62 points in 63 games played, finishing third in team scoring and first in goals scored with 23.
“I’m very excited to join the Guelph Storm Hockey Club,” Commisso said. “I look forward to playing with this strong group and finishing my OHL career on a winning note.”
Commisso will make his Storm debut tonight when the Sarnia Sting visit the Sleeman Centre for a 7:30pm puck drop.
D.O.B: Feb 19, 1998
Stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, for future updates!
The 2018-19 Season is proudly presented by RBC